Friday, March 11

I Told You So...

These four words typically are associated with the negative connotation of "you didn't listen, and now you get to suffer the consequences; you should have listened to me!"

That's not what I mean this time around.

This time, it's personal. In fact, it would be much more accurate for the title to read "I Told You (And By 'You', I Mean 'Me') So..." I say this because the past eight months have been a time of great emotional distress, caused in large part by financial struggles set in motion by severe personal motivational challenges - it just keeps getting harder to pay the bills when you don't have a job nor the motivation to get one. This time, "I Told You So" means that I was confident that the Lord would take care of me. And He did (and still is).

I now have TWO jobs. Neither of which were ones that I had to go out and find... they found me. My brother hooked me up with an easy blue-collar job, driving railway employees around Southern Alberta, that will help me get caught up on my bills. A friend got me set up with a sales job that I otherwise would not have considered (primarily because I had bad experiences with sales in the past). There's even a possibility that I may have the opportunity to got to Newfoundland for the summer to perform my salesman labours.

Now, I'm pretty excited about the opportunity to GO to Newfoundland (NL), but I'm not terribly excited at the prospect of selling out there... from what I hear, they're much more laid back out there, and I'll be selling security systems - something that's more difficult to do to people who (may) have a "whatever" attitude. Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (SK) is a much less appealing prospect in terms of travel destinations, but is considered to be the hottest market for the products that I'll be selling, so there's a definite trade-off either way. Since the NL office is full, I'm thinking that I'll just go to SK and work work work to make as much as I can, and then spend a bunch of time travelling the world (and probably going to NL, just to say I've been there... afterall, I hear it IS beautiful out there... but we shall see).

In short, life is looking up for me. I am blessed. And great opportunities are perched on the horizon, ready for the chase and just itching to be pursued. To those few subscribers I do have, I hope you'll wish me luck and I bid you adieu!

Love Ya!

2 comments:

Ignominion said...

I wish you luck.

ZH MacKenzie said...

Glad to hear things are working out for you! Everything happens for a reason :)

Post a Comment